8 September 2014

Covers

When artists cover classic songs by legends like The Beatles, Madonna or Bob Dylan I seem to always have a preconceived negative opinion on the cover itself and the artist. I have always felt that classic songs should be left alone and preserved in the "library of music" for all eternity, so you can imagine when to my pleasant surprise my favourite artist blew me away and left me well-speechless. 

Sam Smith covered How Will I Know by the late great Whitney Houston and Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. A great singer can sing a song and make it their own that is why I know Sam Smith is extremely talented. These delicate renditions and on point vocal potent performances are captivating, take a moment of silence after, you'll see what I mean. 

Love these covers, enjoy <3  






No comments:

Post a Comment